Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Viva Cuba!

Today's sandwich is in honor of Castro stepping down. As for today's beer... well it is in honor of Cuba's reputation of human rights violations. I certainly feel like I spent a lifetime in hell when I was drinking it...


Today's SandwichIn honor of Fidel
Grilled Cuban Sandwich
Sliced ham
Roast pork
Swiss cheese
Pickle
Mustard sauce
Coleslaw
Hoagie roll

The sandwich featured today is the Grilled Cuban Sandwich. I was invited to eat lunch in honor of a coworker/jerk leaving his job, and we made our way over to the Tobacco Company Restaurant. This sandwich was great; however I felt that if I am eating something from Cuba, it should be spicy. Unfortunately, it was not very spicy. In fact, it was more like a BBQ sandwich than anything else, and it was accented well by the coleslaw. Good though! Now I don't have to see stupid Jonny at work anymore...

Today's BeerOh man, it is terrible...
Bud Light Chelada

OK, so I know what you are thinking. Who on Earth would willingly drink that!? Well, your instincts are right; only a fool drinks this. I was foolish enough to start writing about sandwiches. Now I am foolish enough to drink new beers even though they do not sound appealing at all.
I'd like to draw your attention to a certain part of the can. As you can see it contains "Salt and Lime - The Perfect Combination". Clearly, that is a lie. Skittles and beer, now that's the perfect combination. I don't know how to describe this, other than to say it is like drinking rancid tomato juice. Neither Clamato or Bud Light are particularly good, and combining them do not help any!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever find out exactly what Clamato is?

Dave said...

Your next beer should definitely be Skittlebrau.