Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cafeteria Sandwiches: A Windfall

Hello again everyone, today's sandwich is an ingenious adaptation of an old favorite from my employer’s cafeteria. I have run the gamut as far as sandwiches at work go. Some of them are decent (like today’s gem), while some of them are lackluster at best. The first time I decided to order this one was after watching the sandwich artisan behind the counter craft a meticulous and delicious buffalo chicken wrap for the two gentlemen in front of me.

I said to myself, “Self… that looks good. Only I don’t want the hot sauce. Or the ranch dressing. What to do!?” That’s when it hit me. “The mustard you love so well!” and thus was born the BK Chicken Wrap (Burger King will probably take that name from me, if they haven’t already). A healthy dose of my favorite alternative dressing, honey mustard, compliments this sandwich perfectly.

Today’s Sandwich
BK Chicken Wrap
Spinach Tortilla
Chicken Tenders
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Honey Mustard

A superb sandwich; however the dryness of the chicken tenders requires additional application of honey mustard. Once the mustard was applied in earnest, this sandwich was truly a delight. I recommend it highly (for those who don’t care if they die young).

No comments: