Thursday, February 14, 2008

My First Beer (Today)

Here is the first installment of the "beer" portion of this blog. If you notice spelling errors, it's because I had many more after this one. This was found at Total Wine on Broad St here in Richmond. For those that don't know, I freaking love beer. I have tried brewing it several times; however it has never really worked out. In fact, the first beer I made was probably poisonous; I drank it on a dare, and have never been the same since. This particular beer came just in time, as I was dangerously close from sobering up from this weekend (today is Wednesday... thank you, Las Vegas!)

Today's BeerMmmm, beer...
Heineken Dark Lager
Maybe I'm behind the times, but I have never seen this particular beer before. I am usually not a Heineken fan, but I wanted to try something new to write about. Heineken normally sucks because a) it is shipped in a light sensitive glass bottle and usually is left in the sun too long by stores/distributors/restaurants b) it's just not great. But let me tell you, this was definitely drinkable. It doesn't come in a clear bottle, so the light sensitivity is reduced big time. And while it's not a great beer, but it was definitely good. Think of Shiner Bock if you've ever had it. I liked it, but it did not blow me away. Respectable though! Anyway, I could see it paired well with a pastrami sandwich or something on the heavy side.

No comments: