Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Greetings from the Fifth Earl of Sandwich

Greetings Blog-o-verse!

Welcome to the new home of everything I know, feel, and think about sandwiches and beers. Initially this site would be solely dedicated to sandwiches; however I was despondent to learn that the URL sandwiches.blogspot.com was taken. So I decided that I needed to add something more to my new venture. That’s right, beer!

So to start things off, let me tell you about sandwiches. Sandwiches can take many different forms, but generally, they consist of bread, meat, cheese, and toppings. But, of course, myriad computations and combinations of ingredients are possible, and that’s what I hope to explore.

Not only will I be telling you about sandwiches I like, but also ones I dislike. Same goes for beer. So check back often, because I love sandwiches and beer!

Today’s Sandwich:
Not the real sandwichNumber 36, Padow’s Deli
Kaiser Roll
Chicken Patty
Bacon
Cheddar
Honey Mustard
Lettuce, Tomato

Mediocre… not your finest work, Padow’s. The chicken patty was rubbery, which detracted from my overall enjoyment. Otherwise, the cheddar was sharp (always good) and the honey mustard was not overly sweet. If the chicken had not been over cooked, this would be a much better sandwich. Hopefully the next person won’t suffer the same fate as me.

1 comment:

Jonathan Turfboer said...

In my experience, pretty much everything from Padow's is mediocre (not to mention overpriced). Especially for vegetarians - their veggie sub is 90% shredded iceberg, 8% mayo, and the rest some tasteless blend of who knows what. The only things that are worth purchasing are their cookies.

Next lunch sandwich stop should be Cappola's. Ask Rocky about the "Barnyard"