Monday, February 11, 2008

Travelog: A Surprising Find

Today’s sandwich comes to you from far away land in the New World. I had a two hour layover in Hotlanta, which gave me just enough time to reward myself for not going crazy in the large crowd of roaming travelers. I needed something quick, because I had to catch my next flight to Las Vegas. Of course, a sandwich was the first thing I thought of.
Something funny happened while I was waiting to get this bad boy. My traveling companion and I had sat down and ordered two tall refreshing beverages without the waiter questioning our age. Afterwards, a man and woman, clearly in their forties or more, sat down next to us and the waiter decided that he needed to see their ID’s. Not unusual I suppose, but I found it odd that he asked for their ID’s but not ours. After all, I am still a spry 23 years old. But apparently, I look fifty. Who knew? Maybe I have more gray hairs than I realize…

Today’s SandwichOh my, I am drooling again...
Boston BBQ Sandwich, Samuel Adams Restaurant
Kaiser Roll
Pulled Pork BBQ
Coleslaw

An amazingly good combination of Sam Adam’s Boston Lager and the Boston BBQ sandwich from their restaurant in Atlanta’s airport. Generally, I would stay away from a southern delicacy served in the style of the North; however this blog is about experimenting. And it is a good thing I took this gamble. The heavy, spicy, and flavorful combination of pulled pork BBQ matched perfectly with Sam Adam’s flagship lager. Not too sweet or heavy, the lager was a great match. If I do this long enough, I should publish a guide to my favorite sandwich and beer combinations. This would definitely be at the top of the list.

No comments: