Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Back... and I'm Doing PRIME

Hello blagoblag! I'm back from a three week hiatus. It turns out gettin' hitched will take a lot out of a guy. There are plenty of beers, and even more sandwiches to be talked about, so here we go!

Today's beer was a gift from a friend. While I generally do not trust Jonathan when he tells me to drink things (especially after I won a dollar drinking the beer we brewed ourselves... WORST DOLLAR EVER) I decided to give it a chance. Also, it helped that someone other than he and I made it.

Today's BeerAs I look at this photo I am making laser gun noises in my head
Legacy Brewing Co.'s Hoptimus Prime

If any of you know me, you know that Optimus Prime is probably the most important person of my childhood (he's real if I think he's real!!). So when Jonny saw the cartoon version of a giant hop monster serving up Legacy Brewing Co's Double IPA, he thought of me. How kind!

It's a good beer. IPA beers are all about the hops, and fans of them can't get enough hops. Dogfish Head has a fantastic 120 minute double IPA; and while Hoptimus is not as good as that, it is quite good. Plus, marketing it alongside Optimus made it so I had to like it. I am compelled to like it, like a long hidden hypnotic suggestion, I have to love all things Transformers. It worked, it's good!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Wait...you got married?

BK said...

Yeah, I got married. She's pretty cool. I'm trying to convince her to do a guest blog about her sandwich! We'll see if she follows through.